Saturday, July 9, 2011

Its been that long...

A couple days back my sis was saying how the Japanese Tea Garden was free after 5pm even tho I told her that it was only free before 10am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We headed to Golden Gate Park around 4pm and hung around the Botanical Gardens first (free for SF residents). My sis, bro, mom and I had a jumping contest to see who could jump higher than this small tree. My bro won which was a huge surprise to all of us. Afterwards when we were trying to get into the Tea Garden the ticket giver was saying the free after 5pm was no longer valid. My sister asked if it changed recently and the person was like it changed like 10 years ago... Lol. I guess it has been that long since we've been there.

we were trying to be the tree but i think we look more like monkeys...
I don't know if anyone has been to the Children's Playground after the renovations. But that was our next destination. It was all about nostalgia. I really don't like this new park, everything that made it cool has been taken away. The crazy metal structure that made playing tag super fun because you could escape by climbing on the outside of the structure all the way down to the sand or to the multiple exits. The round swings that only swung if there were people who stood up on a ledge and pumped with their legs. The super long stone slide that you needed cardboard to go down and a handfull of sand made you go down 10x faster. The slide is still there but its really small now. I feel sad that the kids now can't really experience how awesome the park use to be. I never felt that the park was so unsafe back then that we needed to do the changes. There is some crazy rope structure that's there now but seriously if the metal structure was unsafe this structure with just pieces of rope that you can fall out of isn't so safe either. 
I think you're pose to just jump on this stick and wave around on it. I sense something dirty...

semi-ok rope thing and a lot of plastic play structures

they added this wave sculpture in the place of the metal awesomeness we use to have
All these changes in SF and seeing all my cousin's children growing up so fast makes me realize that since I've been away in San Diego that a lot of things have change and that time does really go by so fast. Who knows in a blink of an eye I'll be 30 and everyone around me will be married and making babies. That's a scary thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment