Monday, August 1, 2011

off the grid

Back when I was still in college people were tossing the words Off The Grid around in SF. Off The Grid is a bunch of food trucks that have different locations throughout the city depending on the day of the week. The big one is at Fort Mason on Fridays but I've heard its super crowded. Di and Erica told me about the one on Haight which has a smaller crowd and still a good sampling of food trucks. Never had the chance to eat at Off The Grid so went with my sister and brother. We just walked around and around because there was so many options I didn't know what to choose. I got the Chicken Deconstructed Samosa ($6) from Curry Up Now based on Di's recommendation. It was pretty delicious but slightly spicy for people who can't handle hotness. The Liba food truck offered a free falafel per person which is awesome since I love free samples. I'm the person who runs around Costco hitting up all the free samples and then doubling back to get more. You can get a free meal this way and be super filled up!
garbanzo beans, pico de gallo, chutney, chicken & mini samosas
Mal and Edmund ordered from the Senor Sisig cart, a quesadilla and Sisig fries respectively.

fries topped with nacho cheese, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, and jalapenos
Later that night I went with Jason to My Favorite Cafe which is an Hong Kong style dessert place. It was my first time there and I went based on my sister's recommendation. I've always gone to Creations on Geary because I love those glutenous rice balls but my sister always goes to My Favorite Cafe and I wanted to see what was good there. I ordered the Mango Madness and Jason ordered egg puffs.
mango chunks, mango jelly and ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment