Tuesday, August 9, 2011

stuffing my face in berkeley...

The last weekend of July there was a marathon in SF. This totally ruined my plans with my friend Colin who was planning to drive over and we were going to bike on the Marina. Despite all that congrats to my friends Di and Erica for running in it and getting their little medals! I could never run for such a long distance and apparently just taking your time and walking the whole time doesn't count... Lame. So anyways I decided to drive to Berkeley to meet Colin up and just chill around this area. Colin brought me to this awesome place called Brazil Cafe where I had the Brazilian Rice Bowl which includes tri-tip served over rice with grilled onions, fresh cheese, and cilantro garlic sauce. This dish was the bomb and so cheap at $6.99! I can't believe my Berk friends kept bringing me to the Asian Ghetto instead of this place which has such better food.

this place is located at the end of a parking lot in downtown Berkeley
the garlic cilantro sauce was to die for
Continuing with the food eatage, we went to Cream which sells ice cream sandwiches for $2. The sandwiches are made of two cookies with a scoop of ice cream sandwiched between them. I ordered the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with cookie dough ice cream and Colin ordered the double chocolate cookie with vanilla ice cream. Mine was too sweet and I couldn't finish it.


scrumptious!

2 comments:

  1. OMG WOW WAY TO NOT TELL ME YOU WERE IN BERKELEY!! 8(

    btw, if you ever actually hung out with me (at least now) i would tooootally have gone somewhere NOT asian ghetto...

    ReplyDelete
  2. why aren't you blogging about our amazingly fun gathering/sending off of you and Laura!?!? i want to hear about an event that involved me in it lol.

    ReplyDelete