Tuesday, August 30, 2011

typhoon day...

Yesterday on Monday a typhoon day was declared in Hsinchu County. Of course I didn't know since I don't watch the news or listen to the radio. But a typhoon day means students don't have to go to school including mine. That does not include the teachers who still have to go to work. This reminded me of Fireweek my sophomore year of college where all the dining hall workers still had to go to work to feed those freshmen who wouldn't go home therefore endangering our lives by breathing in all the ash that was falling down from the sky. No resentment here.

Now if this was a nation-wide typhoon alert then we wouldn't have to work either. The west coast apparently doesn't get it as bad as the east coast of Taiwan. I spent all day yesterday working up lesson plans and doing homework slips for my classes. I really can't believe I'm a teacher when seriously that was the last thing I ever wanted to be. I remember in high school I thought poor teachers they really hate their jobs and it seems like such a shitty one. Haha and now I'm in that position. I wonder what my teachers would say if they knew.

2 comments:

  1. AHHH!!! So awesome to be experience a typhoon... or rather typhoon days :) And fireweek pretty much sucked for us :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it definitely sucks that you still had to work :(

    ReplyDelete