Wednesday, September 14, 2011

more hakka food...

Since I've been getting internet in my apartment I've been getting lazy about updating my blog because now I can just watch all the tv shows I want to and when faced with that, how much does the blog mean?!? Haha. Anyways after that horrendous Costco trip, Alice took me to eat more hakka food. This time hakka noodles in Zhudong.

pi dan (century egg) and tofu
Pi dan (the black egg) is something that we have in America. My mom always makes it in congee. I've never ate it because it looks so gross all black and moldy colored. Anyways Alice asked me if I wanted to try some and I said no then I thought since I am in Taiwan I should really try new things. I had a piece and it was delicious! The look totally throws me off but the taste is good and salty. The tofu was just plain old tofu. I'm not a big fan of tofu so wasn't anything special.

lettuce with meat
This was pretty good. I liked this dish became instantly non healthy with the addition of some greasy meat!

hakka noodles
Hakka noodles with beef. The soup base was very plain and I had to add a lot of chili sauce and soy sauce to make it more flavorful. Hakka noodles are white and wide, like the ones you see in shrimp rice noodles rather than skinny noodles you usually eat in soup.

3 comments:

  1. see what happen when you try new things?! i don't really like those eggs though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lettuce with meat looks like something I've thrown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you haven't had the duck egg until now. RELINQUISH YOUR AZN CARD!

    ReplyDelete