Sunday, September 18, 2011

zhudong night market!!

Had lunch with a teacher who helped me find my apartment and treated him to coffee. I ordered a panini and it wasn't what I expected.

i got mushrooms and ham or something

I went to the night market in Zhudong again. This time I finally managed to walk the whole length of it. Went with a friend and so we split a lot of the food, this allowed me to try a whole bunch of different stuff without spending a lot of money! Yay!

coffin bread
Coffin bread is similar to bread bowls and mine was filled with curry chicken. It was ok but was too filling so I only ate a couple of bites. I needa leave my stomach empty for other great eats!

eggs on a stick!
 Me: What kind of eggs are they?  Friend: Bird eggs! Me: Most eggs come from a bird! What bird is it?? Friend: I don't know Me: You're so helpful...

So this wasn't anything special, just like fried eggs on a stick but mini sized.

fruit juice with real chunks of fruit
small sausage wrapped in big sausage
This one consisted of a grilled sweet pork sausage wrapped in a grilled sticky rice sausage. I did not like this one at all. I'm not a big fan of sausage in the first place but a sweet sausage?? No thanks and the rice and sausage combo was not good. 

candied strawberries or tanghulu

So remember those nasty hi-chews that I had before. Well these are better than the real versions of that hi-chew candy. The strawberries are encased in this red syrup that is really sweet. This stick cost me like $50 NT. I played the ring tossing game while trying to eat this at the same time. Haha. The ring tossing game is where you try to throw rings around items and if you throw it around an item you get it as a prize. Neither my friend or I managed to get anything, though we did get super close to it. Fail!

soy milk
Awww look two straw in a cup. How romantic. Haha. Not really. Anyways this soy milk was fucking nasty. After I drank it, it left a nasty taste in my mouth and then I got a stomachache. Not as good as the vitasoy kind thats for sure. Actually nothing can beat the soy milk my old roomie Jacqui use to make fresh for me. Those were the good days and the best soy milk I've ever had!

2 comments:

  1. That sausage-sausage could use some baconing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I just had a panini and THAT is not a panini.
    2. Yellow chicken looks disgusting.
    3. How do you eat the fruit in the fruit juice?
    4. That sausage thing looks absolutely repulsive.
    5. Strawberries look good. Too sweet, though?

    ReplyDelete