Saturday, October 29, 2011

clubbing with my sister

After the awesome time I had clubbing the first time I went, my sister really wanted to experience it too. One of my co-workers birthdays passed and so we celebrated at P.L.U.R in Hsinchu which is the same place I went to last time. P.L.U.R stands for peace, love, unity, and respect. So cheesy. This club is free for foreigners and thankfully too because this night was not as fun as the first time I was there. How fun the club is really depends on the music being played and at this club it depends on what theme night is occurring. A lot of people had glow in the dark face paint and glow in the dark clothes on. I had no idea what the theme was but there was a lot of house music being played. I was not feeling at all and randomly they would play one pop song instead of distorting it with a techno beat. Like the previous time I went where they had peoples boxing there was also a show at this one. This is how I found out that the theme was Tron like the movie and hence all that house music made sense.

tron "fighters"
This boy and girl duo was doing fighting stances with light sabers and light fans. They also had another performance at the bar area...

fire show
One of the bartenders was flipping and juggling lit bottles of alcohol and this was the show clincher. I love all the performances that happen during clubbing time. Sorry for the bad quality of the photos, they are image captures from videos I took in the club.

My sister and I weren't enjoying the music at all. The couple of times they played some top 40's we would dance. All the dancing was inhibited by the fact that my eyes were constantly watering. I was rubbing my eye every couple of seconds because of the combination of smoke and dry eyes. It was horrible and we didn't stay all that late. Although I didn't get my booty shake on (well all that much) we did the dance I like to call "give me a little space bitches" where we basically went crazy with our arms flailing it every which way to create a circle around us. It was fun just dancing crazy and have people look at us. We blend in physically but dance wise we stand out!

Right outside of the club we were taxi jacked by a bunch of men. Not seeing a taxi and being super hungry we remembered spotting a McDonalds down the road so we walked there. The best thing about not having to be super dressy is that we could wear low maintenance shoes which made all the walking possible. I discovered that the club wasn't very far from downtown Hsinchu at all. Thankfully McDonalds here are all 24 hours and this was the first time I've been in one since I've been in Taiwan. They didn't speak and English and large fries are so small here. In the case of fries, larger is always better!

No comments:

Post a Comment