Tuesday, March 13, 2012

tsu, mie


There's an awesome mochi shop near the Tsu train station. I bought an ichigo daifuku there that was super delicious. Expensive at 170 yen for one but worth every penny! I crave it so much and can't wait to get my hands on another! I went back later to grab four more of these babies with one of the green and one of the white ones. They weren't as great since they were filled with red bean (not my flavor). I'm gonna be eating about 10 of these ichigo daifukus while I'm here.

Vinnie told me about Yuki Shrine which has hundreds of plum blossom trees. I was riding the bus by myself and had asked the bus driver that I wanted to stop at Yuki Shrine. I had it written on a piece of paper and sat in the front seat to make sure the bus driver would tell me what stop to get off at. I ended up riding the bus all the way to the end of the stop! So the bus driver didn't tell me where to get off and I had to pay the entire bus fare. Since the bus fare is based on distance I was hecka annoyed. First negative experience this whole trip! The trip to the shrine was definitely worth it and the blossoms were amazing! Makes up for the fact that I came too early for cherry blossom season.

My friends took me to their local hangout spot, Coucou Cafe. I loved the atmosphere of the cafe! The owners knew my friends and were offered us different kinds of tea to try. Love the hometown feeling of this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment