Sunday, September 29, 2013

rafting and cliff jumping

Went river rafting for the first time ever with Adventure Spirit Rafting. For a person who doesn't exercise I was able to paddle for hours. Yay me!

I prefer sitting in the back because its less work...

There was so much paddling involved! In my head I just thought you paddled every once in awhile during calm waters or something to keep moving - I was so wrong. We had to paddle a lot during calm waters (super draining - hated that part) and would have to paddle furiously while going down rapids to avoid sinking the raft! Sometimes they would deliberately make us hit rocks so that we would bounce off of them and spin around. Super fun!

We would also do this thing, called surfing, where we would go against the river right after a rapid and basically surf on the wave created by the rapid. Series of pictures depicting our surfing skills below:

about to surf
hated my spot - got the brunt of the wave
progression of getting swallowed by water
made it!
You see how Dani, the girl next to me is reaching for me, it's because shes trying to atone for the fact that she let me fall out of the boat the other time we surfed. We have to wedge our feet into the raft to prevent us from falling out so I was literally dangling out of the boat for what seemed like an eternity (maybe more like 15 seconds). The whole time Dani just watched as I was flailing around trying to haul myself back in. Tsk tsk.

I really enjoyed rafting and you get super soaked from not only surfing but being pushed into the water by others and to enjoy pee breaks. Kidding kidding.. :P


We even got a chance to jump off a cliff! The height wasn't that high but when I got up there I was super nervous. In movies, people make it look so easy but I was getting such fluttery feelings in my stomach. I might have forgot how to jump or any of the instructions I was suppose to follow. Like jump straight down! TMI: really hurt my butthole with this jump - water ouch! Would love to do this again when the season starts again!

Photos courtesy of Adventure Spirit Rafting
Price: 10,000 yen for a full day of rafting including lunch and a trip to an onsen after

No comments:

Post a Comment