Saturday, February 22, 2014

birthday celebration at round 1

My 26th birthday started off well with me being sick and having to go to work. Yay... On a more positive note my lovely coworkers got me a birthday caked piled high with strawberries! Also got chocolates and strawberry daifukus from my awesome roomies! For my birthday, the roomies and I had planned to go to Round 1, a huge entertainment complex that has arcade games, rollerblading, bowling, and a variety of sports areas. Turns out a friend of ours was arranging for a Round 1 trip for the same day with a lot of my friends being invited to go. So we turned it into a birthday celebration for me! Woot woot!

First thing we did was run straight to the Super Mario Kart arcade game. 

I got first place! Yay!
dani and ellen mastering the taiko drum game
This taiko game is super popular here in Japan. I suck at it no rhythm whatsoever. Our entrance fee of 1950 yen includes unlimited play for everything in the complex!

throwback DDR! - alanna's first time playing it
The most popular attraction here for our group was the mechanical bull!

We were all so freaked out when the bull starts going faster and faster. A lot of the time we would just stop it before it could throw us onto the mat. I actually managed to stay on it for a long time, or maybe it seemed like a long time while I was being whipped around. We played a game of ping pong that turned into keep the ball up in the air because the majority of us sucked at ping pong except for Evan... Darn Evan is good at everything! Some firsts include going to a batting cage where the balls that were being thrown at us were crouch level. I literally had to squat to hit those balls...and an archery range. Shooting arrows is hard. I missed the target completely. I was just happy to get the arrow all the way down near the target. Most of my beginning shots fell in the middle of the aisle. Sad.


After sneaking some food and drinks in we hid out in the karaoke room to devour them. So many Disney songs being sung! We had signed up to ride mini motorbikes and our time slot was at 4:20am. When the time came around and we asked about the motorbikes they were like its under maintenance and its like wtf no notice or anything! So we spent an hour or so rollerblading (there were also roller skates). Aaron's feet were too big for any of the skates and so he spent his time teaching a Japanese guy how to roller blade. There was a group of guys skating at the same time and when Evan was teaching us how to skate backwards, they started trying to do it too. Then we got bored so Ellen and I decided that we would skate around trying to tap the Japanese boys without them noticing. We got one before the others caught on and they started tapping each other. This came with disastrous results because they weren't good and they ended up crashing into each other or falling. When they realized what I was up to, they tried to skate really fast to get away but they failed mightily. I might have caused a few collisions and spills. Oopsies.

We also took some purikura (photo booth pictures). We didn't have enough money so after inserting 200 yen we tried to find a money change machine (which there aren't any on the arcade floor). Well while trying to figure out what to do the camera started taking pictures. Turns out you don't need to insert 400 yen like the machine says because 200 yen totally works. Unfortunately we didn't realize that until I had already put 400 yen in and discovered there were two photo sheets printed. The first sheet had me going WTF? and a picture of Ellen bending over. Haha. Did not know what was going on at all. I wonder if this works with all photo booths or only with the old ones at Round 1.

The Details
Round 1 in Nagoya
Price: We got the 11pm-6am unlimited play of everything for 1950 yen
Access: Nakajima Station - Aonomi Line
Upon exiting the station, walk straight across the intersection turn left (under the overpass) and it will be on your right hand side. You can also just head towards the giant bowling pin (see-able from the station). Around a 5-10 minute walk.
Tip: There's a 24 hour Max Value next door. Great place to buy drinks and food since the ones in Round 1 are a little pricey.
website (Japanese only)

No comments:

Post a Comment